In recent weeks there has been a steady onslaught by A.I. Chat bots such as ChatGPT forcing the hand of Google into prematurely bringing “Bard” live. While competition is a good thing, Google will be largely undisturbed by it, here is why.
- Google is now a part of all of our digital lives and ecosystem.
- Google has its OS running on nearly all Android phones.
- Google also has its OS on many a smart devices including but not restricted to Televisions.
- Gmail is a part of every household if not everyone.
- Google has the most detailed and comprehensive road traffic information thanks to countless devices running Android.
- As a result of the above Google Maps is also a very important part of our lives.
- Youtube forms an integral part of each one of our lives, no denying it now!
- Google also is into backend side of the internet, DNS, Internet Time Keeper, Routing.
- Ofcourse it is the most favored search system in use.
- Taking a note of user habits, patterns, lifestyle, Google can make a comprehensive profile (if not already done) to predict our shopping, vacation and other habits and patterns.
- Chrome and Its OS are also very powerful and light weight, its got a fan following of its own.
- The search engine is very advanced after countless tweaks, upgrades. It literally guesses what you are wanting to search, right?
- Apart from Bing (Microsoft) and Apple nothing is really a challenge out there for them, and we all know where Bing stands. So all that remains between them and total monopoly is just Apple.
- Countless sites use plugins and code such as Analytics, Tag Manager on their sites.
- Apart from all this there are countless other avenues which make Google something of a monopoly where in it will always use its power to influence users, and naturally be very monopolistic in nature.
Leave a Reply